James Leon Young
Jimmy Young is a founder of the firm. Until becoming of counsel in 2005, Jimmy concentrated his practice primarily in the resolution of business disputes, business and corporate transactions and probate matters.
- B.A. in History, cum laude, 1952, Millsaps College
- J.D., cum laude, 1954, University Of Mississippi School Of Law
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Capitol Area Bar Association
He served as president of the Jackson Young Lawyers Association (1965/1966).
- Peer Rated A-V in Martindale-Hubble Legal Directory
He served as general counsel, secretary and a member of the board of directors of KLLM Transport Services, Inc., from shortly after its inception in 1965, through its becoming a publicly traded company in 1986 (NASDAQ: KLLM) until its acquisition in 2001. KLLM is one of the nation’s largest temperature controlled transportation companies.
He also served as counsel to the Mississippi Consumer Finance Association from 1980 to 2005.
- Omicron Delta Kappa, President
- Mississippi Law Journal: Business Manager
- Phi Delta Phi