Robert E. Sanders
Bob Sanders is an experienced litigator with a primary emphasis in:
- Corporate defense
- Employment law.
He is a former Director of the Civil Litigation Division of the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office. For 21 years, he served as lead trial counsel on behalf of the State of Mississippi, its agencies, and officers in numerous actions in state and Federal courts.
Besides work at the trial level, his representation of the State of Mississippi included arguments before the Mississippi Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- B.B.A., 1972, University of Mississippi
- J.D., 1977, Jackson School of Law
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Court Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court Bar Association
- Young v. Fordice, 520 U.S. 273, 117 S. Ct. 1228, 137 L. Ed. 2d 448 (1997)
- Magnolia Bar Ass’n, Inc. v. Lee, 994 F.2d 1143 (5th Cir. 1993)
- Davis v. Yazoo County Welfare Dept., 867 F. Supp. 464 (S.D. Miss. 1994)
- Armstrong v. Allain, 893 F. Supp. 1320, 102 Ed. Law Rep. 1047 (S.D. Miss. 1994)
- Magnolia Bar Ass’n, Inc. v. Lee, 793 F. Supp. 1386 (S.D. Miss. 1992)
- LimeCo Inc. v. Div. of Lime of Miss. Dept. of Agric. and Commerce, 546 F. Supp. 868, 1982-2 Trade Cases P 64, 976 (N.D. Miss 1982)
- McWhorter v. Cal-Maine Farms, Inc., No. 2004-CA-00146-SCT, 2005 WL 729435 (Miss. Mar. 31, 2005)
- Motor-Voter and the Voting Rights Act in Mississippi, 18 Miss. Col. L. Rev.47 (Fall, 1977)
- Fifth Circuit Court
- United States Supreme Court
Chief of Federal Litigation Section, Mississippi Attorney General’s Office